Friday, September 21, 2007

Publicity!


It was kind of a kick to be interviewed yesterday by the editor of our local paper, Len Painter. He seemed to quite intrigued by my story and will run it tomorrow (9/22/07) in the Grand Haven Tribune. If you are able to, please read it; I hope you enjoy it. He said he would like to do a couple of updates while I'm gone, too. Thanks, Len.

I'm trying to use the italicize function on Grand Haven Tribune, but the new Mac laptop won't let me do that. If you notice a typo like that, or some poor grammar construction, feel free to correct me. It may not be something I can change, but it might be. Even though I'm an English teacher, I still make mistakes. I tell my students that language learning is on a continuum. We're never finished learning!

With that, I will bid my USA blog "adieu." I will probably not be able to write again until I'm waiting in an airport somewhere on my way to Congo. FYI, I fly American Airlines from Grand Rapids, MI on Sunday, September 23 at 2:35 pm to Chicago, on to Brussels (Belgian Congo, remember?), then to Douala, Cameroon and on to Kinshasa. I am scheduled to arrive at my final destination at 7:15 pm Monday, September 24. Thank you for following my adventure. Till the next time, may God bless us both! Congo, here I come!

3 Comments:

At September 21, 2007 at 9:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

May God bless you as you travel to and pursue your new mission in life. Godspeed & much love, Pete & Carolyn

 
At September 22, 2007 at 10:38 PM , Blogger Bruce Bruinsma said...

This is Bruce Bruinsma, Jane's cousin. My wife Judy, and Son Brent had dinner with Jane on her "last night".
Blessings to your dear cousin. Safety and be blessed and be a blessing.
We look forward to following your life experience and pray we can visit with you there.
By the way, there is 5 hours time difference between Kinshasa and Grand Rapids....8 to Pasadena.
Bruce

 
At September 25, 2007 at 10:42 AM , Blogger Barb said...

This is Barb Holtrop, friend of Jane, and prayer partner from Second CRC. We were in prayer for you this AM and we are confident that God has brought you to Kinshasa safely and that you have already enjoyed your first evening in your home. Thank you for this blog and for the opportunity to connect with you. You are special to us and we will continue to pray for you. We will miss you and we look forward to seeing you back here safely in 10-11 months. In the meantime we know you will be a blessing to all the people who come into your life, just as you have been a blessing to us. Love, Barb (and Don)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home