Tuesday, August 28, 2007

MeJane with Canon




This is me, Jane, practicing with my new digital SLR camera in preparation for Congo. The buttons and dials were a little intimidating at first, but when I just started shooting, I got over the jitters and really started having fun! I'm a little nervous that the camera will not make it to Congo and back, but I think it's worth taking the chance.


To give you a little background on the grant I received, it is through a program funded by the U. S. State Department, called the English Language Fellows Program (ELFP). The administrative work is conducted through Georgetown University (D.C). Approximately 140 English teachers, like me, are being sent across the world within the next several weeks to teach English to non-English speakers. Yes, we are paid. We are given a stipend, a place to live, transportation, and medical insurance. State Department personnel provided an extensive orientation prior to leaving and will continue to support our day to day activities during our stay in country. I'll tell you how I heard about the program later.

3 Comments:

At August 29, 2007 at 6:38 AM , Blogger Reini said...

Go Jane Go,
What a great way to tell us about all your experiences and to show us your pictures.
I am glad I could help you with the first one.
Best wishes for a most fantastic year in Congo,
Reini

 
At August 30, 2007 at 9:58 AM , Blogger MeJane said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At August 30, 2007 at 10:12 AM , Blogger MeJane said...

Hi Reini: Thanks so much for the compliment and the good wishes. You are such an inspiration to me! Your influence played a part in my applying for the ELF grant. I'll enjoy keeping in touch with you through the electronic waves across the continents--and see you when I get back! Jane

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home