Monday, September 17, 2007

Forgetting what lies behind...



The title for today is from St. Paul's letter to the Philippians, Chapter 3 verse 13. I have a feeling this verse is going to become my mantra for the week. I have exactly six days to be ready to leave and I've got to force myself to load what I don't need into storage, as well as pack for the next eleven months. I think I am going to have to play a mental game with myself. It goes like this: when I am expecting guests, I tell myself that they will be arriving two hours before they really are expected to be here. That way, I have a little margin of time to prepare and even relax a little. In a similar way, I'm telling myself that I only have four days to pack up my personal belongings--both to store and to take. Whatever doesn't get done by then, well, it's too bad.

I haven't written since last week because I was out in Lynden, Washington (north of Seattle, 4 miles south of the Canadian border), visiting Sadie, my first and only grand-daughter. She will be two weeks old tomorrow. The experience was beyond description, so I will just show you a photo. Or maybe two. I think I took about 250 shots of her, so I have a few to choose from. I didn't want to "forget what lies behind..." Next time I'll talk about the rest of the verse!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home