Tuesday, September 18, 2007

...reaching forward to what lies ahead


Photo: Home Fellowship Group and Kristi
(Center, back with dark hair)

I'm making progress with the packing. Less is best, right? So what does that mean to a middle-class, middle-aged woman? I found out today from American Airlines that they allow two checked suitcases of no more than 50 pounds. In addition, I can bring one carry-on piece and a handbag. I think I will send my 80 pounds of books via USPS to the APO Office in Kinshasa rather than check them. You may send me mail through the APO office, too. Or if you prefer you may use email through my sbc address listed below, or through the blog comments area. You may also mail to my Spring Lake P.O. Box and my agent will send your letter on to me. Whichever way you choose, I deeply appreciate your thinking of me. All are listed below.

My home fellowship group (HFG) from church threw a farewell barbeque for me last night. Everyone should be a part of a group like this. They have been such a great support to me. Here's a photo of us taken back in the winter when Kristi,the daughter of one of the couples, was able to be there. She's working in China trying to fight HIV/AIDS with sex education. She is a powerful example to me.

ADDRESSES FOR MEJANE
janedegroot@sbcglobal.net

Jane DeGroot
Unit 31550
U.S. Embassy Kinshasa
APO AE 09828

Jane DeGroot
PO Box 398
Spring Lake, MI 49456

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home