Sunday, July 27, 2008

Out of Africa



Hi Everyone. I'm writing from an Internet Cafe in Florence, near the Duomo, after having visited Boboli Gardens all day. The time is being monitored, so I'll write fast. I arrived in Rome yesterday morning, having left Djili Airport (Kinshasa) at 8:00 pm Friday night after a VERY busy two weeks being the English Coordinator for a day camp about 100 high school kids in the English Access Microscholarship Program.

I met a friend in the Rome airport, where we rented a car and drove up to Florence, making a stop in Orvieto. Our plans are to spend a few days around here and then head to Rome on Thursday. I fly out on Saturday to Vancouver via Heathrow, where I'll hook up with Virginia, Dan and Sadie. Then on to Whistler where everyone will be coming around the 18th of August. It's a round about way to get to Spring Lake. I'll hope to see you all after the 26th of August. More stories to tell. More pictures to show! Love to all.
Photo: Street "chalking" in Florence

2 Comments:

At July 29, 2008 at 6:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jane,
I've enjoyed following your Congo travels over the course of the year. I'll be curious to hear where God leads you next!?!
Elizabeth Elifson (Vanderveen)

 
At August 7, 2008 at 10:51 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Jane: Blessings to you as you make the transition to "home". So glad you can visit some other interesting places along the way but how wonderful it will be to see Sadie again (and her parents of course!). Do enjoy, take care of yourself and we look forward to seeing you soon. Love & Godspeed - Pete & Carolyn

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home